CAVITE-LAGUNA (CALA) EXPRESSWAY PROJECT
The Cavite-Laguna Expressway project will improve traffic flow by minimising congestion on Governor’s Drive, Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road, and Aguinaldo Highway. It is also expected to reduce the travel time between CAVITEX and SLEX from the current 90 minutes to approximately 45 minutes.
It will also provide efficient transportation links for approximately 11 billion people living in the Cavite and Laguna provinces, as well as benefit economic zones within the area.
In addition, the project will help promote the Calabarzon (Region IV-A) region as a preferred destination for investment and growth.
The project is a 4-lane 45.29 km. closed-system tolled expressway connecting CAVITEX and SLEX. The project will start from the CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite and end at the SLEX-Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna. The project will have the following subsections:
1. Cavitex Connection to Open Canal Interchange
2. Open Canal Interchange to Governor's Drive Interchange
3. Governor's Drive Interchange to Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange
4. Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange to Silang East Interchange
5. Silang East Interchange to Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange
6. Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange to Laguna Technopark Interchange
7. Laguna Boulevard Interchange to Laguna Technopark Interchange
8. Laguna Technopark Interchange to Mamplasan Toll Barrier
- PPP Scheme: Build-Transfer-Operate
-Private sector to finance, construct, operate and maintain the entire 45.292kms Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAx)
- Concession Period: 35 years (including 5 years design and construction)
(Tirona Highway to the end of Greenfield Development Corporation Property near Mamplasan Exit, Laguna)
Right of Way:
60 meters, except for Laguna Techno Park &Laguna Boulevard 40 meters, Greenfield Development Corporation 50 meters
8 grade separated interchanges and 1 toll barrier
12,207 meters inclusive of 4,618 meters of viaduct
This project aims to:
- support national development policy and provide efficient transport facilities for the Eco-zones in Cavite and Laguna;
- reduce traffic congestion particularly in Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway and Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road which are heavily congested;
- improve competitiveness of Region IV-A/CALABARZON as an investment destination.
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- Reduce travel time from CAVITEX to SLEX by about 45 minutes
MPCALA Holdings Inc.
Independent Consultant (50%)
- Groundbreaking was held on June 19, 2017.
- ECC of Cavite side of CALAx is currently being processed
- MOA between DPWH and PNP-SAF for use of the ROW in the PNP-SAF property at Sta. Rosa City, Laguna was already signed last 23 February 2018.
- Ongoing mobilization of equipment for construction of the two (2) sub-sections (Technopark and Laguna Boulevard Interchanges), with a length of 7kms.
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Acquisition: 94% of Letter Offer served to land owners; 4% signed DOAS and Expropriation Cases submitted to OSG; 2% of Permits to Enter/Writ of Possessions issued
- Construction on Laguna segment reached 6.917% accomplishment.
Ongoing Project Alignment:
Opening of Pre-qualification Documents
19 May 2015
Opening of Technical Proposal
22 May 2015
Opening of Financial Proposal (MPCALA Holdings Inc. submitted highest bid amount of Php 27,300,000,000.00
26 May 2015
Issuance of Notice of Award
08 June 2015
Submission of Post-Award Requirements
26 June 2015
Issuance of Notice of Compliance with Post-Award Requirements
30 June 2015
Contract Signing Date together with the payment of PhP 5,460,000,000.00
10 July 2015
Detailed Engineering Design
July 2015 – Sept 2016
Construction Start Date
2nd Quarter 2017